viernes, 4 de diciembre de 2015

Low cost software organization for open source projects

This is an effort I've been willing to do for long time, but it's now when I think I have something like a solution.

I'll be creating an entry per topic to cover if you want ideas about how to create not your application, as I assume you know your stuff, but everything around your project that makes it a solution.

My own game will be my example throughout these stages, its name is "Cabo Trafalgar" and I've talked about it enough already, there's a link above if you're interested on a 3D sailing simulation made in Java.

The topics I expect to cover are as follow:
  1. Code repository
  2. Allocation and provision
  3. Continuous integration
  4. Installation of software / Configuration management
  5. Deployment and platforms
  6. Continuous delivery
  7. Logging
  8. Monitoring

And the criteria we're going to prioritize
  1. Low price, free when possible.
  2. Secure, configuration values safe and far from code.
  3. Stateless / Easy to recover / Easy to reproduce.
As a result for this process, you should be able to have an enterprise-quality / almost production ready solution running for really little money for your small project.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.