lunes, 25 de abril de 2011

Book of the month: Ender's Game

It did not take me three months to read it, neh? Indeed, I have not finished reading it yet, but I have to make the most of my spare time and I will write as much as I could today.

Ender's Game tell us about the solitude of the power, the hard of being a highly-gifted person and the jealousies it brings. How respect is won through excellence and not by fear or threatens. It is a model where the best are isolated in order to get the most of them.

It is curious that, during the reading of this book, I have also read this:

http://www.stanfordalumni.org/news/magazine/2007/marapr/features/dweck.html
Explanation in Spanish: http://www.cookingideas.es/el-efecto-del-esfuerzo-20110424.html

They, a sci-fi book about highly-gifted and an English research, met in a similar way to educate children in order to keep high the motivation (or how to squeeze their brains up). The main idea, do not tag a child as bad, do not tag a child as good. Although a craft may be perfect, it is the craftsman can always learn. Do not tell your child he is in the top because he can stop learning.

ps: in the last months all I've read is Isaac Asimov's some novels, they are enjoyable, but except "I Robot", the rest of the Robots novels do not teach so much. That's the reason I have not write a word about book recommendations.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.