lunes, 21 de febrero de 2011

Roll your own Continuous Integration System (C.I.S.): Apache and uSVN

Roll your own Continuous Integration System (C.I.S.)

Content:
Abstract
Install Tomcat
Basic Tomcat configuration - Memory
Basic Tomcat configuration - JMX
Basic Tomcat configuration - Application Manager and permissions
Apache and uSVN 
Installing Artifactory from WAR
Configure Artifactory and MySQL
Configuring Artifactory security and repositories 

Understand that it is necessary, you need it, you deserve it, you want Subversion to control your code revisions. But you are clumsy enough (just as me) to be able to build your own repository at home with svn and Apache.

Thank God I found some brilliant tutorials and products, all of them, of couse, open source. I was intended to use only Tomcat6 and war packaged software, but both Apache and uSvn really deserve some Megas in the hard drive of your heart (and in the Continuous Integration Server's one).

I liked it too much because, mainly, because when I read about an easy tutorial, it takes me some days or weeks to accomplish its goal, ufff, I am not exaggerating, I am often silly. But it didn't happen this time with this uSVN tutorial and product.


By the way, what is uSVN?

"User-Friendly USVN is a web interface written in PHP used to configure Subversion repositories.It's goal is to ease the creation of new projects without having to use the command line interface, therefor, maybe without privileged access to the server. USVN will then generate the list of users allowed to access your source code. This enable the delegation of rights to administrate Subversion repositories."


From its official web:
https://trac.usvn.info/wiki/Documentation/Install

Another point of view from one of my favourites and abandoned blogs:
http://killerconfigurations.blogspot.com/2009/08/easy-svn-web-administration.html


Enjoy :)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.