jueves, 13 de enero de 2011

Book of the month: Scrum and XP from the Trenches

I promised myself to keep reading about tools, programming languages and methodologies and to try to read one book every month. Well, I already keep reading, this is time for:

Scrum and XP from the Trenches (Enterprise Software Development)

I liked it, I am not a Scrum practitioner yet, but I took a few interesting ideas. I liked the Spanish translation, so, you can imagine, I can not judge the language style of English version. What I liked the most is the simplification of methodology to a pragmatic point, to do only things that work.

Some ideas to keep in mind:

- Prediction of project length by poker gaming. Fun!
- Digitalize it all is not that important, a wall with tacks and post-its is as useful, or more, than a colourfull web application.
- Day of research and learning.
- Situation of members in a room is important.
- SCRUM methodology from a pragmatic and useful point of view.
- and so on...

I got a free digital version (legal, it ensures), but that web no longer exists.

Next month, I hope I will have learned something about stress testing.

Keeping the reading up! See you..



[Edited] Thanks Javier Del Palacio for your corrections again, they are always welcome :)

2 comentarios:

  1. This is a wonderful opinion. The things mentioned are unanimous and needs to be appreciated by everyone.
    Scrum Process

    ResponderEliminar


  2. This post will be very useful to us....i like your blog and helpful to me....nice thoughts for your great work..



    Scrum Methodology

    ResponderEliminar

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.